PROLOGUE

Please bear the errors. I rarely edit the articles. Thanks!

S'il vous plaît garder les erreurs. J'ai rarement modifier mes articles. Merci!

Bitte beachten Sie die Fehler. Ich habe selten meine Artikel zu bearbeiten. Vielen Dank!

Por favor, tenga los errores. No tengo mucho tiempo limpiar a los artículos. Gracias!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

(My) Footprints in the Sand

At a point in my life where I became conscious of my powerlessness, down on my knees but not defeated, I was led to browse religious entries in the Facebook. I was stuck to this very beautiful poem although I already read it before.

The thought of being alone, uncared for, forgotten; nowhere to go and none to lean on to cry is a terrifying feeling. Just like the author of the Footprint, I sometimes question God.

Yet, I am confident that these sufferings, deprivations, loneliness, aloneness, despair, fear and feeling of abandonment will pass through. The merciful Lord will show me His magnanimity.

Still far from Him, once He recognizes me, I will run as fast as I can; embrace Him and sob like a child.

“I am tired and alone. I need your comfort, peace, mercy and help!”

Patting my back swaying me left to right like a prodigal son, “Upon the palms of my hands I have written your name; your walls are ever before me. (Is. 49-16) . . . Keep still, be at peace and know that I am God! You have suffered too much my son, sit with me and take a rest; forget the past. You are now in my hands!”

Footprints in the Sand

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it. "LORD, You said that once I decided to follow you, You would walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times of my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed You most You would leave me."

No comments:

Post a Comment