PROLOGUE

Please bear the errors. I rarely edit the articles. Thanks!

S'il vous plaît garder les erreurs. J'ai rarement modifier mes articles. Merci!

Bitte beachten Sie die Fehler. Ich habe selten meine Artikel zu bearbeiten. Vielen Dank!

Por favor, tenga los errores. No tengo mucho tiempo limpiar a los artículos. Gracias!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

St. Monica: Thank You!



For almost two years, I petitioned daily for your intercession for my personal needs. Three days after the Feast of Mary’s Assumption, Christ, through the first reading of that day (August 18) said :

“My sheep were scattered and wandered over all the mountains and high hills; my sheep were scattered over the whole earth, with no one to look after them or to search for them . . . I myself will look after and tend my sheep.” (Ez 34:1-11)

On that day, I was surprised when a soiled sheep gone astray came knocking not because of my call but YOUR call. For too long, I have waited for that sheep I love too much to come back!

I welcomed the sheep with open arms and heart.

I know the pains and frustrations you had as a mother and a widow in bringing up your pagan son Augustine whose gods were pleasure, materialism and debauchery. You remained steadfast in praying for the conversion of your recalcitrant son until he came to realize that we need God in our lives when he said . . .

"You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."

I am very thankful for your intercessions in helping a wandering sheep return to its shepherd. I am confident that the sheep will never be lost again. The once-lost but now found can now recognize the “tambuli” ( A shepherd's horn to call the herd.) of the Lord that said, “Come, I give you rest!”

Gratias tibi Domina.

No comments:

Post a Comment