PROLOGUE

Please bear the errors. I rarely edit the articles. Thanks!

S'il vous plaît garder les erreurs. J'ai rarement modifier mes articles. Merci!

Bitte beachten Sie die Fehler. Ich habe selten meine Artikel zu bearbeiten. Vielen Dank!

Por favor, tenga los errores. No tengo mucho tiempo limpiar a los artículos. Gracias!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tita Cory, Thank You!

On your first death anniversary, I remember you as the one who restored democracy and civil rights to our country. You are also a woman with great faith. Much have been written about you as president and as a private citizen. What I remember most was a time when in a house dress, you knocked at the door of your neighbor asking her to let your grandson use the swimming pool. Your surprised neighbor can’t believe that in front of her was a former president without a bodyguard who looked simple but bigger than life. Who too can forget your last days when you instructed your children to help one another in life?

Indeed they do. They pitched in for the election of your only son Noynoy to be our president. Thank you for giving us P-Noy who understands our concerns and aspirations.

Please continue to pray for our president. Continue also to pray for our country and people. You are gone but you live forever in our heart.

I have selected this poem written by Mary Elizabeth Frye for you.

DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!)

No comments:

Post a Comment