PROLOGUE

Please bear the errors. I rarely edit the articles. Thanks!

S'il vous plaît garder les erreurs. J'ai rarement modifier mes articles. Merci!

Bitte beachten Sie die Fehler. Ich habe selten meine Artikel zu bearbeiten. Vielen Dank!

Por favor, tenga los errores. No tengo mucho tiempo limpiar a los artículos. Gracias!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Pledge of Commitment For Vigan

This is a pledge of commitment written by Mr. Ricardo Favis of Vigan who is presently connected with UNESCO. This is recited every September 8 on the occasion of the Solidarity Day Celebartion in Vigan.

I am thankful for the LIBERAL VIEWS blog of Councilor and former City Vice Mayor Franz Ranches the source of the pledge which I am re-posting as a native of the former Ciudad Fernandina.

I am proud to be Bigueno living in the World Heritage site of Vigan. I am proud of my hometown Vigan which has given us sustenance through the years. I am proud of my local heritage which provides our symbol and identity and link to our past. I am proud of my patrimony for it is the basis of our economic development and key to our future. In return, I pledge to support and assist in the preservation of our ancestral houses and historic buildings in memory of our ancestors who built them. I pledge to play an active role in preserving the values for which my hometown Vigan was inscribed in the World Heritage list. I pledge that my family, particularly my children will endeavor to preserve what we have today for the benefit of our children’s children. I pledge to pass on to my children the values and traditions of our ancestors that have molded our lives and made us survive and finally, I pledge to assist our leaders in ensuring that Vigan is clean, safe and livable. So help me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment