PROLOGUE

Please bear the errors. I rarely edit the articles. Thanks!

S'il vous plaît garder les erreurs. J'ai rarement modifier mes articles. Merci!

Bitte beachten Sie die Fehler. Ich habe selten meine Artikel zu bearbeiten. Vielen Dank!

Por favor, tenga los errores. No tengo mucho tiempo limpiar a los artículos. Gracias!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Noynoy and Rico: That’s What Friends Are For

Interior U-Sec. Rico Puno went public and showed a cut of the pie of his friendship with the president. For two decades, the two are not just friends but close friends going together at the shooting range and supposedly attending socials as well.

The embattled secretary does not enjoy right now the approval of the people because of his believed involvement in receiving jueteng  payola to which he vehemently denied. On the other hand, Archbishop Cruz says otherwise. For sure one of them is dishonest. Who? I have no intention to answer that. I only want to remind that one of them is a politician and the other is a man of cloth although both of them are sinners like us.

Fond in singing, I can imagine the president singing Dan Hill’s line to Mr. Puno.

You ask me if I love you
And I choke on my reply
I'd rather hurt you honestly
Than mislead you with a lie
And who am I to judge you
On what you say or do?
I'm only just beginning to see the real you.

The president promised a transparent government and if I may go further, patterned after the manner the US government is ran. And if astrology is to be believed, Aquarians (the president is) are choosy in finding their friends who should be trusted and considered as a brother. Once the friendship is sealed, an Aquarian is a faithful friend that no matter what, “friendship does not fade or stink.”

I based that from my personality. Mr. Aquino and I share the same month, day and year of birth.

What I don’t understand about the president is his inflexibility in not giving an ear to what others say that one of his closest is a bad egg. Allegation remains an allegation but I doubt if there is a sane and respected person that fabricates a story besmirching the reputation of somebody whether inside the Congress or in the waters of public opinion. Mr. Aquino is correct is asking for evidence before we expect him to do something but why don’t we hear something that U-Sec. Puno and the rest of the named names in the  jueteng scandal are investigated if this government is really transparent?

As friends, I understand the pain both sides feel when Mr. Puno is fired by the president, an act that he must to restore the severely damaged people’s trust in his government. And if they are indeed friends, if Puno is gone from office in a way or the other, they can still enjoy their  sisig and fried lumpiang ubod and they can still go to the shooting range.

Pres. Aquino must put friendship second to his obligation to the Filipino people. Anyway, we understand that when stressing out from a hard day's work,  the two sings . . .

Keep smilin', keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for

That’s what friends are for indeed! -30

No comments:

Post a Comment