PROLOGUE

Please bear the errors. I rarely edit the articles. Thanks!

S'il vous plaît garder les erreurs. J'ai rarement modifier mes articles. Merci!

Bitte beachten Sie die Fehler. Ich habe selten meine Artikel zu bearbeiten. Vielen Dank!

Por favor, tenga los errores. No tengo mucho tiempo limpiar a los artículos. Gracias!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pray for Peace, Pray the Rosary

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord
My spirit rejoices in God my Savior
For He has looked with favor on his lowly servant

From this day, all generations will call me blessed
The Almighty has done great things for me
And Holy is his Name 
(From Canticle of Mary or Magnificat)
                                    
Mary said that after accepting the message of an angel that she bears the Word to become flesh. As a Catholic, I revere/honor Mary. Had she not said “Fiat mihi secundum verbum tuum.” (Be it done to me according to your word.), salvation would be impossible. Had she said “NO”, there would be no Christ to redeem us.

October is the month of the Holy Rosary. In my younger days, I remember that for the whole month, the image of our Lady visits different houses at night where the rosary is said. I used to join my grand mom I fondly called Mamang and my aunt for the nightly prayers and ever since, I was in loved with the rosary.

To this day now that I am almost a senior citizen, I always make it a point to pray the 20 decades of the rosary everyday. As if my day is not complete or as if I am missing something if I don’t pray the rosary. Once I leave the house, there is always a rosary in my pocket and whenever I travel, in a desperate need, have an abandoned, forgotten, unloved and rejected feeling, I pray it in English, Spanish, Latin and Ilocano to break the monotony. In times of trouble, fear decision-making and danger, the rosary gives me strength reminding me that there is a Mother who can intercede for all of our needs.

Exactly one year ago, I was down with a severe stomach virus that I was not able to eat anything but water for two weeks until there was a time that when I use the bathroom, I only flush water as if it came straight from the faucet. Whenever I moved, there was an excruciating pain. So I stayed on bed always praying the rosary. I was scared to leave the house and ask for medical help thinking that I could pass out in the street.

Despite that, I cannot explain why I did not lose my strength or became weak --- everything was normal except that I was not able to eat. I was reading, surfing the internet, taking showers, etc. but I was constantly praying my rosary. My nights were spent communicating with God that every time I change my position, I sought the mercy of God through Mary. Little by little, my appetite came back and to end the story, I profusely thanked Mary for her intercession but until now, I cannot explain how I survived for two weeks or so without any solid food or why I was not weakened by the virus despite not taking a prescription medicine.

For years, I have been praying for a rebellious loved me but last September; three days after the 15th, Memorial of Our Lady of Sorrows, I was surprised when the loved one had a serious talk with me and admitted her mistakes and oh well, I thought she was rebellious!

If you are a Catholic and pray the rosary regularly, I am sure that in the past, even without being aware of it, an unknown hand has helped you profoundly. I am not saying that this Marian devotion is the only way to receive grace and blessing but it greatly helps.

All of the Popes from Pius V in 1566 up to Benedict XVI are devoted to the rosary. And does anyone remember when John Paul II went to Fatima placing the bullet that almost killed him into the crown of Mary? He said that the Virgin saved him.

Remember sometime in the past how the rosary probably changed your life. Coincidence? Think twice and review how things went on.

May this month of October remind us again how loving our Mother. She said to Juan Diego and to us . . .

"Do not let anything afflict you, and do not be afraid of any illness, or accident, or pain. Am I not here who am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Do you need anything else?"

Pray the Rosary. Pray for peace and pray for God’s mercy! -30-

No comments:

Post a Comment