PROLOGUE

Please bear the errors. I rarely edit the articles. Thanks!

S'il vous plaît garder les erreurs. J'ai rarement modifier mes articles. Merci!

Bitte beachten Sie die Fehler. Ich habe selten meine Artikel zu bearbeiten. Vielen Dank!

Por favor, tenga los errores. No tengo mucho tiempo limpiar a los artículos. Gracias!

Monday, June 20, 2011

My Dad

I never had a chance greeting Happy Fathers’ Day to my Dad or Happy Mothers’ Day to my Mom. Times were different then but that did not dampen my love and respect for them although many times, I gave them headaches. Now that I am old and a father myself I sincerely regret those stupidities and may they find ways to forgive me and those puerile acts.  Although I don't shed tears in public, copious tears of regret and contrition pained me in private.

I did not belong to a materially blessed family. We were blessed in a different way.

I remember Dad as a stern disciplinarian and an excellent lecturer on growing up issues and how to be a  man of faith and a man of letters. He anchored his points from actual sets of experience he went through as a boy, teen, adult and a spouse. He was fond in using exact and direct to the point words. Sometimes, they are funny, very insulting and sometimes they rip the heart apart but all of them are words of wisdom straight from the book. What I will never forget as long as I live are these words he told me and my brothers: “Tell me that I am  stupid or even nuts but bear in mind that when I will be resting in my cool tomb, you will realize that the words of your stupid father are correct.”

My gush, he was perfectly correct! I now understand that everything he said to us are bull’s eye.  Till now, I can still hear his "lectures" that transformed me into what I am now; trained to "see" and emulate the invisible that is noble and good but never to be impressed with the trivialities in life.

For the words of wisdom and love Tatang, I thank you very much. I missed you both and Nanang and the rest of the household gone ahead. Remember me, my family and us all in your prayers.

This is my humble way of saying that you are the best Dad and well loved till now.  Thank you for the love, care sacrifices and discipline you gave and thank you for the memories of the past.

Till we meet again Tatang and Nanang!

No comments:

Post a Comment